Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Penelope the duck's thought provoking waddle...

I was watching a duck walking down a driveway this morning and I was so touched. I love that duck (I named her Penelope), I love ducks. My inner monologue was something like this “Man, look at that duck, waddling by with her little webbed feet. She is doing exactly what God designed her to do. She’s so focused on it too, she doesn’t know any other way. She’s not trying to run, or roller skate, or fly, or invent the latest ipod, or hop, or pollinate a flower, she’s just living the way God made her in His timing. God loves us so much, He gave us free will so we have choices, but inside of us is exactly what He designed us to do we have to choose (as Matthew Mcconaughey says in a time to kill) “to seek it, to find it, and to live it…”
Hmmmm… Ahhhhhhhhhhh… Hmmmmmm… How do I do that? I think I have to get rid of all the junk in my life and in my mind (distractions) to be able to hear His voice in me. I am on this search, I can’t do it without him. (“I can’t do this, I can’t do this, I can’t do this by myself…I can’t do this, I can’t do this, oh God I need your help…” great song by Plumb). I am also reminded of the song “he lives in you” from the musical the lion king. “he lives in you, he lives in me, he’s watching over everything we see…” (if you substitute Mufasa with GOD you will really relate to it).
I was just driving, crying out to God to use me and guide me down the right path. I have so many options as to where I can go in my life right now and I don’t know what to do where to go what is right. I told God that I don’t want to choose, I want Him to. And then He reminded me that He lives in me. He created me in His likeness and He left the Spirit to guide me. He lives in me. God lives in me. That’s intense. Why don’t I think about this all the time? Then I would think twice before I stuffed my face with junk and then felt sick later. I would stop myself before gossiping or saying anything that isn’t to lift someone up. I would take care of my body (the temple God entrusted me with) by exercising and sleeping well. I would serve, walk, talk, eat, sleep, sing, act, teach, move, drive, order food as though God was doing it through me (and He is). I would do all things with excellence (all good things of course). It’s so simple, why is it so hard? Our flesh is a powerful thing if we let it be, but our God is way more powerful! Amen? Amen! And He lives in us. Wow wowee wow! God so knows what He is doing, why do we fight Him so much? Why do I fight Him so much? He lives in me, that means that the answers are in me through Him. And it is very important that we study God’s word everyday to know our faith and the history and what Jesus did on top of that so we can share His word on top of our testimony. He lives in me… Intense… I am so in love with Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


When you’re fighting to run through the world’s dirty muck
Perhaps take up waddling like Penelope the duck
You may have to eat soggy bread crumbs due to often rainy weather
But find comfort in knowing that we’re all in this together…

2 comments:

Danisa said...

Good job Pam. Keep it up girl! Have you checked mine? danisasuarez/blogspot.com

Pris said...

That's my girl!
You're just amazing...